Over the years our office has developed policies and procedures to efficiently handle many of the routine issues that arise. We have found that having established policies makes our interaction together go more smoothly. Please be aware that none of these are “written in stone” and we would encourage you to discuss any questions or concerns you have regarding these policies with us.
Things To Remember When Coming For An Office Visit
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow time to check in. If you are more than 10 minutes late for your scheduled appointment, there will be a $25 rescheduling fee. If you fail to call and cancel your appointment 24 hours in advance, there will be a $50 NO SHOW fee added to your account.
- If this is your first visit, download and complete our online forms so you can see the doctor more quickly.
- Items to bring at each visit: Insurance Card and Method of Payment
- Have your questions written down so that you don’t forget anything important you want to ask.
- Be sure to understand our diagnosis, instructions for treatment and symptoms to watch out for.
- If you are asked to bring your child back for a follow-up visit, please do so to ensure that the original problem has been resolved. We’ll both feel better.
Waiting Room Policy
In an effort to minimize exposure to illness, we have partitioned our waiting room into separate well and sick waiting areas. Transmission of most colds and contagious diseases is through direct contact with respiratory droplets and not through the air. Ultimately, frequent hand washing minimizes transmission most. Your child’s health and safety are our priority. We aim to maintain quality patient care, efficient patient flow, and minimal wait time.
Well Child Check-Up
Centennial Pediatrics prides itself in providing the highest quality pediatric care and being responsive to all of our parent’s needs. In creating our appointment schedules, we must balance the time allotted to the very extensive well-child check-ups with sufficient time to see all of the sick children that call in and need to be seen in a given day.
If you cannot keep your appointment time, please be considerate enough to cancel the appointment well in advance so that another might take advantage of that time. There will be a charge for well-child appointments that are not cancelled 24 hours prior to the scheduled appointment.
Sick Child Appointments
The physicians at Centennial Pediatrics try to be considerate of your time. Occasionally there will be an unexpected office emergency, but in general we run very close to schedule and our parents are very appreciative. Please be considerate of others, and be on time for appointments so that we can keep you on time. If you do show up late for an appointment and it runs into the next, we may have to reschedule or try to work you back in later.
If an appointment is made for one child and you think another child needs to be seen, please schedule a separate appointment for that child before coming to the office, so that we can allot the appropriate time.
If a child is brought to the office without an appointment and it is not an emergency, we will try our best to work you in at our earliest convenience, but we may ask that you schedule an appointment for later in the day.